Aslubel, the Association of Producers of Lulo of Belén de Umbría, is a leading lulo region. Founded in 2007, Aslubel has supplied our company in the past and shared many of their lovely lulo photos for this site.
- Aslubel aims by 2020 to be the most dynamic regional association dedicated to Lulo La Selva, and a leader in processes, organisation and good environmental and social practices at national level.
- Aslubel comprises aprox 40 families, each with 1/2 hectare of Lulo.
- Aslubel was one of the Winners of Emprender Paz 2016 (national Enterprise for Peace competition).
- Since early 2016 Aslubel has been growing and more families joining.
- 2,500 new lulo bushes are ready for harvest this month of July!
The Crate Project was a proposal put forward by Aslubel to invest the FdE Lulo Social Premium:
- Aslubel supplies 12 tonnes per week of Lulo for juices sold nationally.
- At present, they have 200 Crates of their own. Each crate takes 25kg i.e. 5 tonnes capacity.
- They have to borrow/hire 280 other Crates/wk.
- £10 buys 3 Crates.
In June, Mes del Campesino/Month of the Farmer, FdE CIC sent a first contribution for 110 new Crates. July’s contribution of 40 Crates has now been sent. To contribute £10 for 3 Crates: select £2. £8 default “p&p” will be added, but all £10 will go for Crates.
CAMPAIGN NOW FINISHED!