Berraquera is the ‘passion, courage and determination of the venturous’; the resilient and creative energy to bounce back from adversity; overcome set-backs and make dreams reality.
Berraquera is a venture into new realms of taste, and also into the dynamic, colourful country of Colombia, where huge changes are taking place right now!
The country is implementing an agreement to bring peace after 52 years.
- 23rd June 2016: Peace Accords agreed in principle.
- 26th September 2016: Final Agreement signed.
- 2nd October 2016: Plebiscite 50.2%:49.8% – renegotiations in progress.
- 7th October 16: Nobel Prize for Peace awarded to Colombian President, read more.
- 1-5th November 16: Colombia State Visit to the UK in honour of progress to peace
- 31st Jan 17: Almost 7,000 fighters demobilised
- 26th Jun 17: Disarmament of personal weapons completed
The country is transforming: reconciliation, restitution and reparation are taking place.
- Land cleared: army & former guerillas clearing landmines; ilicit crops being substituted.
- Land returned: the process of returning the land to its rightful owners is underway.
- Land replanted: Much land will then be available for alternative development crops.
So we are inviting not only venturous drinkers to try lulo, but venturous venues to launch the lulo Berraquera on their menus this summer as a new venture in sustainable rural development, the first item on the peace agenda – at the grassroots of deep long-term sustainable peace.
Fruto del Espiritu, the company behind Berraquera, is a Community Interest Company (C.I.C.) and social enterprise.
Profits are committed to generating more income for smallholder farmers, in particular those affected by conflict.
This is an invitation to expand a virtuous circle for a healthy lifestyle in the UK and peace in Colombia.