- Lulo is one of the best known examples of Colombia’s wealth of biodiversity.
- Lulo is a bush that can grow at the same altitude as illicit crops.
- It takes only 9 months to produce fruit.
- Given the right variety and a garanteed market, it is more profitable than coffee.
- Lulo grows widely in many post-conflict regions i.e. Antioquia, Cauca, Valle del Cauca.
- Lulo Chocoano is a large, sweet variety, which grows in Choco, on the Pacific Coast.
- Cocona, known as lulo amazónico, grows in the rainforest.
- We are proud to source our fruit from a supplier honoured by the Colombian Chamber of Representatives for increasing global exports of Andean fruit and for returning to the countryside its foundation in wholesome, hard-working and responsible people.
- The blending of lulo with pressed apple juice on a Kentish fruit farm is inspired by the Shared Responsibility campaign run by the Colombian Government 2006-2010, inviting those countries who are their primary consumers to develop a demand for alternative Colombian crops.
- Promoting Biodiversity: championing Colombia as one of the planet’s 17 megadiverse countries.
- No air miles: all our Lulo is shipped, except samples couriered for UK pesticide tests.
- Minimising Carbon Footprint: bottling plant less than 45 mins’ drive from lulo storage facility.
- Recyclable Packing: largely glass & cardboard.