Lulo & leeks ~ for a gourmet chilled summer soup….
- Garnish: Physalis (Cape Gooseberries)
- Serve with Almojabanas/freshly baked cheese rolls
- Occasion: Dinner Party, Summer Lunch
- Preparation Time: 45 mins
- Cooking Time: 30-60 mins
Serves 4 ~ Created by Marlon’s Kitchen
Make the Vichyssoise
For the Lulo Crème Fraîche, you will need:
- 250g Berraquera Lulo fruit purée
- 2.5g (1 tsp) Xanthan gum
- 100g Crème Fraiche
- Pinch salt & sugar
Add xanthan gum to lulo and mix with hand blender for two minutes. Improve the dispersion of xanthan gum by first mixing it with a pinch of salt and sugar, then adding it to the liquid. Tip the thickened lulo onto the crème fraiche and gently fold together.
Decorate the Vichyssoise with the lulo crème fraîche and serve with Physalis (Cape Gooseberries) and Almojabanas (or freshly based cheese rolls).