This gourmet dessert gives an exotic twist to classics like gooseberry fool, key lime cheesecake.
- Light & refreshing, to cleanse the palate
- Healthy: Nonfat Greek yohurt, light cream cheese
- Treat: ginger snap base, flaked chocolate garnish
- Berraquísimo: Drizzle Lulo Coulis over
- Occasion: Dinner Party, Celebration, Buffet
- Preparation Time: 60 mins
- Setting Time: 60 mins
Serves 8 ~ Created by Sharon Gaston
- 200g Lulo purée (or to taste)
- 80g butter
- 250g ginger snaps, crushed
- 125g caster sugar
- 15g gelatine soaked in 3tbsp cold water*
- 227g curd cheese or Philadelphia
- 142ml double cream, whipped
- 2 or 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- flaked chocolate to decorate (optional)
Melt butter and stir in biscuit crumbs. Spread over base of a greased 18cm loose-bottomed cake tin and chill until firm.
Prepare gelatine* and stir into Lulo. Beat cheese in a bowl to soften, then mix in lulo and cream. Turn into tin and leave in the fridge to set.
Remove the cheesecake from tin and decorate with overlapping slices of kiwi and flaked chocolate.
*Gelatine: Check method on gelatine packet and dissolve/soak according to this method but only use 3 tablespoons of liquid. After soaking it may be necessary to heat for a few seconds in microwave to dissolve completely.